Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sundays.........


Sundays are the day that we always do something fun as a family. It was such a beautiful day today that after social skills class we took Matthew to the Santa Ana Zoo where there was a celebration for the zoo’s birthday. We met our friends there and enjoyed the beautiful weather while the kids played.

Check out the profiles, talk about peas in a pod.
Anyway....
We had a few really cool moments on the way and when we got there. We stopped at In and Out to get Matthew some lunch. While finishing up eating he said “Mattu go Benture Didy” (Matthew go Adventure City). I told him “not today”. He said “Uhhhh Mom, why no Benture Didy?” (Why no Adventure City?) I told him that we were going to the zoo instead and he yelled “Yeah! Tee motey an nates” (See monkeys and snakes). What a great way to start an afternoon! Asking questions, in particluar "why" questions has been a goal we have been working on and to see him nail it today.....well it felt like a Master Card commercial....priceless.
It is a small zoo so once we visited the animals we went to the playground and let the kids run wild. Of course my little guy is happiest when climbing.
Matthew has recently begun to engage in imaginary play. While Mark and I were watching him on the playground he told me to come with him to the “titen” (kitchen). While I sat where he told me to, Matthew proceeded to make some eggs (out of sand of course) for me but made sure to tell me to blow because they were “bewwy ot”(very hot). He then told me they were yucky! :)
I know these are things most kids started doing quite some time ago but Matthew had no interest in this type of play until now. To see him do this and pull me into his play scenario is HUGE and so exciting for us!
Our dear friends who are so very special.
What a ham!
It was packed due to the zoo's birthday party so eventually the crowds got to be a bit overwhelming for Matthew. We left but a great time was had by all. I love these special times with my boys and find myself on Monday already counting the days until Sunday.
Mommy and Daddy love you sweet boy!

3 comments:

Trojan Fan said...

What a smile! He is the cutest! You guys have one happy boy.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Matthew! Just wait now, the questions will never stop.

Elena - mom, wife, friend, and advocate said...

I LOVE the picture of him coming down the slide!!! That's MY Matthew :)