Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday with the Sumidas

We got coupons for $10 admission to Legoland (what a bargain!) so we decided to head down for the day as it is a favorite place of Matthew’s. We told him earlier in the week so he was so excited and talking about it for days. We went with friends and had a fabulous time! It was a little crowded so in spite of our pass there were times there was a short wait and he did fantastic. We were so proud of our little guy.





When we got home we had a wonderful treat. An unexpected visit from Andrew and Zach! Matthew was so excited that once he got over the surprise he just ran from one to the other yelling “Adew, Dach!” They played with Matthew for awhile before we all went to grab some dinner. Andrew and Zach went home with my mom and Matthew kept saying “Mom, I wa Adew a Dach tome ome wif uth” (Mom, I want Andrew and Zach to come home with us). I love seeing this beautiful relationship emerge as Matthew is beginning to understand that they are family and develop a precious bond with them. I think these pictures probably tell the story.
Today we took all of the boys to Boomers for a few hours.


They all enjoyed spending time together and Mark and I loved seeing Matthew engage with his cousins after seeing indifference for so long. Andrew and Zach have always been so very special to me and seeing them be so loving with my son makes me happier than I can say.

3 comments:

EP said...

Matthew, you are so precious! I love the new haircut, and you look so tall! I am proud of how well you are talking...can't wait to see you :)
Love,
Elizabeth

Trojan Fan said...

So cute. We noticed how much he looks at the camera now. He is changing every day and it is wonderful to watch. Kisses to Mr. Matthew.

Roxy said...

So nice to see him with his cousins. I know how much that means to you.