Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

We spent today with friends in Pasadena at Kid Space, a children's museum. It was really cool and the kids had fun. It is very interactive and had many fun things to do.
There was lots of indoor crawl and climbing equipment, painting, sensory things and exploring.
Matthew enjoyed the climbing strustures, one of them went up to the third floor.
There was lots of outdoor fun too. A bike road, slides, water tables, etc.
There was a little creek that the kids could walk down and get wet. Matthew and Aiden loved it and could have probably stayed for much longer.
This is Aiden....what a cutie! We had such a great time with our friends and seeing the kiddos enjoy themselves. Matthew said "I have fun museum mom!"
*********************
We went to a birthday Party at Pump it up on Saturday. Matthew had a ball and was all smiles the entire time.
Matthew loves doing that type of play with his Daddy!
Snuggles are for Mommy!
Truth be told, it had been a really hard week with behaviors and I was a bit worried about taking Matthew. I was concerned that he would get overwhelmed and have a melt down. Wrong! He had so much fun and was elated to be there. He was saying "Wook at me. I go on big, tawy side!" (Look at me, I go on big, scary slide). He was quite the clown trying to snake the party girl's hat and just loved when everyone laughed. He sang Happy Birthday and sat with the other kids for a photo. For that 2 hours, he seemed like every other child at the party. It encouraged me after a week that left me a little depleted emotionally.
Those are the moments we live for.....when we forget that autism is even in our lives and see that beautiful child just loving life.
I love this boy more than anything and I am so proud of how very hard he works and how very far he has come.

2 comments:

Ms. to u said...

What a cook place. Love the pics of Matthew and Mark.

Roxy said...

Kid Space looks like fun. I think it is the week for dysregulation. I have had a tough week too and have not seen the smiley happy child in a few days. And because our relationship is so special she saves the meltdowns for Mama...I am glad they have us to catch them when the world is to overwhelming!