Monday, April 19, 2010

It feels like it has been so long since I have posted but it has been quite busy for us. I ended up having surgery and have pretty much been off my feet for the past 5 weeks. That has kind of put a crimp in our outings. I am posting just a few photos from Easter with Mark's family and a few photos of Matthew at a birthday party with his beaming smile.
He is doing so well right now, I feel like I have to pinch myself at times. We went to Irvine Spectrum yesterday (they have complimentary wheel chairs) and as wandered around we were reminded of when we used to go with Mark's parents. We never let Matthew out of the stroller as he was a HUGE eloper and when we took him to the water area we had 1 person at each entrance to catch Matthew while he ran aimlessly towards every exit. Yesterday he calmly walked along side, even pushing the wheelchair at times and chatting about the mini-schnauzer he wanted us to buy at the pet store. He has come so far, I often look at him and can hardly remember those difficult times. His progress has been nothing short of a miracle. Still, we have issues we are working on but I now know that there is nothing Matthew can't over come.
Mom and Dad are proud of you Matthew! We love you!

Mark and his brother

Matthew and cousins

My little thrill seeker

Wahoooooo!

2 comments:

EP said...

What a great update on Matthew! Way to go big guy!

And didn't know you had surgery Sylvia...Hope you are recovering well.

Hugs!
Elizabeth

Theresa said...

Hope you are felling better and back on your feet. I miss that little face of Matthew's. Kiss him for me!