Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rainy Day Fun

Matthew was just itching to put his rain boots to use and go puddle jumping when the rain eased up. He had the best time and is waiting for it to rain so he can go again.


His smile and laugh are so contagious, it made Mark and I want to put on boots and join him.

It was such a welcomed time after a very tough week. Very tough...... I hate autism. It feels like we can never completely escape it and just when we feel like we can exhale, it comes back in full force. It just isn't fair. I know I need to be so thankful for the progress he has made, somehow it just doesn't seem enough. My son should not have to work so hard just do do the same things a typical child does without a second thought.
I see his beautiful smile and I know that we will never stop trying until his recovery is complete, in all honesty no one works harder than he does to that end.

2 comments:

Trojan Fan said...

He is so cute! Sorry you guys have had a hard run the past few weeks. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Roxy said...

He will succeed because love never fails and he keeps on trying because he knows you are there.