Sunday, July 12, 2009

Love those weekends....

On Friday I took Matthew to the San Diego Zoo and met up with some friends (mine and his). It was crazy hot but Matthew had a good time and wants to go back.

The weary moms!
Matthew just loves the ladies these days!
He loved the elephants. He watched a feeding and got a kick out of seeing them eat lettuce. He said "Mom, ephant eat lots salad. I yuv ephants"
My adorable little boy!
Inspite of the heat and crowds Mattthew did very well and is looking forward to going back. It was so cool to see him so interested and even tell me the names of a few animals I did not think he knew. He shocked me when he yelled out "Mom...I see a wawabee! I want pet it!"
It was not so long ago that I would not have taken Matthew anywhere without Mark or a therapist. I love that we can spend precious moments together and enjoy each others company. I love you little Bubaloo!
*************
On Saturday we went to a friend's b-day party. Matthew had so much fun between the bounce house and the swimming pool.

Special people in our lives.
Something that was really great was that Matthew was able to sing happy birthday to Logan. The sound of everyone singing used to send him into a complete meltdown, it was too overwhelming. We loved seeing him be able to join in and sing....of course keeping him away from the cake was a whole other Oprah.
The adorable birthday boy.
Spending time with Dad is the best part of any day!
***********
Today we had a swim play date with Matthew's friend Zachary, Miss 'Nena and Mr. Paul.
Matthew had so much fun and is loving pool time. I think that swim lessons have been great for him.
Zachary and his Mom
Mr. Too Cool for words. Could he be any cuter?

3 comments:

Trojan Fan said...

Great photos of the happy boy.
Love to all you guys.

Ms. to u said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Love the blog, the very essense of summer.

Anonymous said...

I just love how he hugs his friends from behind. That is just the most sweetest thing! :)

-anna