Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sing-a-long

Today was the pre-school Sing-A-Long at Matthew's school as well as pajama day. The kids were so cute that I could hardly contain myself. They walked out of their classes holding a rope in a line and then sat in the courtyard and each class sang a song. Matthew's class sang "the Hokey Pokey". Most of them did not get it quite right but they were all adorable and I could see Matthew's mouth singing and his smile. As soon as I upload the video I will post it, it is certainly the best little movie we have ever seen!
Miss Freeman, Matthew's teacher
Danny, Matthew's ABA therapist and best friend

To see Matthew excited to be at school and to be able to be around kids and tolerate so much stimulation is wonderful. Having children in close proximity and the noise that comes with that would have put Matthew into a meltdown a few months ago. I started tearing up when for a moment I watched my beautiful son look like any other kid. I know the issues he has and the difficulties he still faces but his accomplishments take my breath away. He is extremely smart, curious, funny and sweet. I am so proud of him and look to the day when autism, GFCF, biomed, therapy, etc. are a part of our past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and becoming such a big boy. It is so cool to see how great he is doing and his personality coming out. To know Matthew is to love him....
We all do!

Trojan Fan said...

Good Job little Matthew! Happy to hear about all of his progress. He is your miracle boy. Love to all of you.