Saturday, April 2, 2011

Legoland and Skate Day

It has been a rough few weeks. Matthew hasn't been himself, he really has been off since about December when he experienced some big changes at school which ultimately created a need for change with medication. :( I feel so bad for him and it hurts to see him so dis-regulated. A friend had free tickets to Legoland so I thought a break would be a great diversion. We headed down to Carlsbad with our friends Suzanne and Riley for the day. It was wonderful, and just what we needed. Matthew and Riley had a fantastic time.


The weather was BEAUTIFUL and the park was not crowded at all. It couldn't have been more perfect!

The boys went on so many rides and had a ball.



Matthew and Riley love the crazier rides....look at those smiles!

Suzanne was kind enough to take Matthew on all the rides I couldn't (I get sick as a dog on rides). It was such a fun day. It was one of those times that Matthew had such a phenomenal day, I forgot about autism. I love those days, it reminds me what we are working for.
*****
April is autism awareness month. Etnies, Askate and Autism Speaks put on a skate clinic for kids with autism on Saturday, National Autism Awareness Day. It was fun and Matthew had a great time. We were able to go with friends which made the day even better!

Matthew was teamed up with Mr. John, he was such a nice young man and they were buddies right off.


My little guy had a good time.

It is so heartwarming to see so many people come and volunteer their time and resources to bring awareness to this disorder and to support the kids affected by it. They really made sure the kids had fun.

Matthew did great. Towards the end he got frustrated with the wrist band and helmet (sensory issue) but overall had a blast. When we got to the car....that was a different story. :(

Autism can be frustrating because of all the unknowns....However this I do know, I love that boy more than my life and I will never give up.
Matthew, you have taught me so much and I am the most blessed person in the entire world because I get to be your mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time. Matthew is so cute and getting so big. Love you guys.
Kim

Supermomma said...

Beautiful! Youre one great momma! You are doing an awesome job!

Trojan Fan said...

Great pictures! Looks like fun was had by all!