Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekends.......

It was another one of those BEAUTIFUL southern California weekends. Saturday we took Matthew to the park to play with friends. He had a great time and just reveled in being outside in the sun.
Matthew and his sweet friend Brenna.

I took this picture so I had a photo to memorialize something Matthew said that I want to remember. He wanted to pet this sweet, old dog. The owner said to go ahead and Matthew says “Mom, let’s bin ou dis dog name”, (Mom, let’s find out this dog’s name). The owner said the name was Molly and Matthew says “Hi Maui, Matthew yuvs doggies” (Hi Molly, Matthew loves doggies). Wow! It was just such a beautiful, well spoken sentence that sounded so very appropriate and….. typical. I was thrilled and very proud of my boy.
Later in the afternoon we went to a birthday party at Sensory City. In the past parties have not always been fun occasions as Matthew often gets overwhelmed with all of the sounds and people. He had a few rough moments initially but overall he did better than he ever has and even sang Happy Birthday loudly and tried to blow out the birthday boy’s candle (We did not even sing at his party because he would freak out).

He loves to pretend he is cooking. Maybe the next Emeril!
Today we spent the day with two of Matthew’s favorite people, Grandpa and Grandma Sumida. I love the relationship he has with them. I never lived near any of my grandparents and often we only saw them every few years. We want Matthew to develop memories with his Grandpa and Grandma that he will remember always.
Matthew is tearing up the grandparents house as usual.
I jus loved this picture. I really tells of the love Matthew and Grandpa share.
Grandpas are something special!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You are turning into quire te sutterbug! Great pics. You ae so good at catching "Matthew". Kisses to him.

Trojan Fan said...

I love that Andrew and Zach are participating in the Autism Speaks Walk. I know how much those boys love little Matthew. We all do. I'll be thinking of you guys as you brave that hot weather on Saturday. Way to go Andrew and Zach!