Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Day To Remember

OK, so I have to officially go on record and apologize to Keiko for all of the times when we were kids that I charged her a quarter to sleep on my floor because she was afraid of the dark, and all of the times I would con her into picking up the dog poop (my chore) and for stealing her clothes and sunglasses when we got older. She and Rob gave me a birthday that I will always remember. Since I was a kid I have loved the opera Carmen. The tragic story, beautiful costumes and sets and the exquisite music…… Today they sent Mark and I to see Carmen….what an afternoon! It was incredible and we loved just getting lost in the excitement of it all.
It was a phenomenal performance!
We ended this special day with Rob and Keiko taking us for a delicious dinner where we indulged in decadent desserts!
Of course I politely declined such calorie packed confections (uh-huh!)

You are HOW old?
On a serious note, many thanks to Rob and Keiko not just for today but for everything. You guys have given us so much love and support, especially during the past 2 years. You guys have made us feel that our burdens were yours and that we are all in this together.
We love you guys.

It was a beautiful day and one of the best birthdays I have ever had (and I have had a lot).
Thank you!

5 comments:

Ms. to u said...

Happy Birthday Old Lady! 44, wow. You are a fine wine and have just gotten better with age. Hope your day is as beautiful as you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Old Timer. Glad you had fun.
Kimmy

Trojan Fan said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope your day is perfect!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I remember the bartering you two used to do over clothes and make-up and everything else.
Happy Birthday to both of you.
XOXO
T

Anonymous said...

The look on Mark's face is hysterical!
Can't believe you are such an old bitty now!
Happy Birthday!